User roles in KitConnect are completely pre-defined, and project-specific. This means that a user can have a different role on each project.
KitConnect roles fall into three categories:
- Kit Roles - publish, edit, and configure content
- Project Roles - insert and get latest content
- Admin Roles - create projects and add members (inherited from BIM 360)
Kit roles are intended for users creating and configuring content that will be used in a project. Users with a role in this category will be responsible for creating and modifying library content, so they can also insert and load content, just like the Project roles.
- Kit Manager - read/write/edit/configure/delete permissions for all content library items
- Kit Designer - read/write/edit/configure permissions for all content library items
- Kit Participant - read/configure permissions only (switch option, turn family instances off/on)
Project roles intended for the consumers of content in a Revit project. Users with a role in this category will be responsible for building out a project using content that was created users by the Kit roles.
- Project Designer - read-only permissions for content library items; read/write/edit permissions for Sync BOM operations
- Project Participant - read-only permissions for content library items
Admin roles cannot be modified through the KitConnect application. They are inherited by the associated BIM 360 account. If you are an Account Admin on the BIM 360 account, then you will be an Account Admin on the associated KitConnect account.
- Account Admin - create projects, create enterprise libraries
- Project Admin - add users to projects, assign roles, connect projects**
**Due to BIM 360 API limitations, only Project Admins can connect a file. However, once it has been connected, it can be saved and emailed and/or uploaded to BIM360 collaborate.